Akhilesh Kumar Maurya is currently Professor in Department of Civil Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati, India. He received his Ph.D. degree in Civil Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur and M. Tech. degree in Computer Aided Design from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee. He is active academically and professionally in the area of traffic flow modeling, driver behaviour, road safety audit and accident analysis, traffic data collection and analysis studies since more than one decade. He has published more than 90 technical papers in international journals and conferences. He has received the DAAD fellowship for one month visited at Technische Universität Darmstadt. He is currently President of “Transportation Research Group (TRG)” of India, member of World Conference on Transport Research Society (WCTRS) and the life member of “Indian Roads Congress”. He is also certified “Road safety Auditor” by International Road Federation (India) and Australian Road Research Board. Apart from several Indian Institutions, he has also delivered invited lectures at various International Institutes like Technische Universität Berlin, Technische Universität Darmstadt, University Duisburg-Essen and National University of Singapore.
- Das, S., Boruah, A., Banerjee, A., Raoniar, R., Nama, S. and Maurya, Akhilesh Kumar, 2021. Impact of COVID-19: A Radical Modal Shift from Public to Private Transport Mode. Transport Policy, Vol. 109, pp. 1-11
- Mishra, A., Das, S., Singh, D. and Maurya, Akhilesh Kumar, (2021). Effect of COVID-19 lockdown on noise pollution levels in an Indian city: a case study of Kanpur. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, pp.1-13.
- Mahapatra, G., Das, S. and Maurya, Akhilesh Kumar, 2021. Joint distribution modelling of vehicle dynamic parameters using copula. Transportation Letters, pp.1-9.
- Banerjee, A., Raoniar, R. and Maurya, A.K., 2020. Pedestrian Overpass Utilization Modelling based on Mobility Friction, Safety and Security, and Connectivity using Machine Learning Techniques. Soft Computing, Vol. 24, pp.17467-17493.
- Sil, Gourab Sil, Maji, Avijit, Nama, Suresh , Maurya, Akhilesh Kumar (2020) " Modeling 85th Percentile Speed Using Spatially Evaluated Free-Flow Vehicles for Consistency-Based Geometric Design", Journal of Transportation Engineering, Part A: Systems, 146(2), Feb 2020
- Chakroborty, Partha , Maurya, Akhilesh Kumar, Vikram, Durgesh (2019) "Understanding and Modelling Disorderly Traffic Streams", Journal of Indian Institute of Science- A Multidisciplinary Reviews Journal. DOI: 10.1007/s41745-019-00135-7
- Sil, Gourab Sil, Maji, Avijit, Nama, Suresh , Maurya, Akhilesh Kumar (2019) " Effect of horizontal curve geometry on vehicle speed distribution: a four-lane divided highway study", Transportation Letters The International Journal of Transportation Research, November 2019. DOI: 10.1080/19427867.2019.1695562
- Banerjee, Arunabha, Maurya, Akhilesh Kumar (2019) "Planning For Better Skywalk Systems Using Perception of Pedestrians: A Case Study Of Mumbai, India", Journal of Urban Planning and Development (ASCE), September 2019
- Das, Sanhita, Budhkar, Anuj, Akhilesh Kumar Maurya, Avijit Maji (2019) "Multivariate Analysis on Dynamic Car-Following Data of Non-lane-Based Traffic Environments", Transportation in Developing Economies, August 2019
- Sil, Gourab Sil, Maji, Avijit, Nama, Suresh , Maurya, Akhilesh Kumar (2019) "Operating speed prediction model as a tool for consistency based geometric design of four-lane divided highways", Transport Journal, July 2019
- Das, Sanhita, Maurya, Akhilesh Kumar (2019) "Modeling Maneuverability of Motorized Two-Wheelers during Filtering in Urban Roads", Transportation Research Record-Journal of the Transportation Research Board, April 2019
Major Sponsored Projects
- Measurement of Indian Traffic Flow Quality Using GPS Data
- Web-Course on Transport Economics
- Dynamic Behavioural Data Collection using an Instrumented Vehicle
- Development of Indo-Highway Capacity Manual (HCM)
Major Consultancy Projects
- Traffic study and traffic management plan for the expansion and development project of Calcom Cement India Ltd
- Proof check of Pavement Design
- Proof check of Plan and Profile
- Proof checking of Road Alignment
- Pre-opening Safety audit of Shillong Bypass Connecting NH-40 and NH-44
- Safety audit for grade separator at Barapani
- Riding quality test of all lanes of the carriage way of Jorabat-Shillong (Barapani) section
- Assosciate Professor Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India (March,2014 till date)
- Member, Special Interest Group (SIG) - H3: Infrastructure Operation and Traffic Management in Developing Countries (World Conference on Transport Research Society, WCTRS)
- Chair of CTRG2015, 3rd Conference of Transportation Research Group of India, 17-20 December, 2015
- Regional Coordinator of North East Region in Development of Indo-HCM project funded by Planning Commission, GOI, under 12th Five Year Plan Period