PhD Admission December, 2015
The PhD selection (written test and interview) at Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, will be held on 30th Nov and 1st Dec, 2015.
1. Shortlisted candidates for Written Test and/or Interview for admission into Ph.D. programme, for session to start from January 2016. Candidates should report to Dept. of Physics at 8.45AM on 30th Nov, 2015.
"Any applicant not shortlisted as per the list above, who believes that he/she meets all the shortlisting criteria (below), are welcome to contact us or report in-person to Dept. office at 8.45 AM on 30th Nov, 2015 (with all the relevant documents as listed in the sample call letter below). If found eligible, the candidates may proceed for the selection process along with others."
2. Eligibility criterion applied for shortlisting. (Please note that these criterion are applied over and above the minimum qualification mentioned in the advertisement. http://www.iitg.ernet.in/acad/PhDAdvtNotificationDec2015/Brochure.htm)
For queries/clarifications contact:
Dr. A. Sil,
Department of Physics
Useful Information :
- Faculty members who have consented for guiding students from December 2015 admission.
- You may follow individual faculty profile here: http://www.iitg.ernet.in/phy/facNotice: Regular candidates appearing for written test/interview may be eligible for travel allowance (TA) by sleeper class train fare. However, please note that your TA will be reimbursed ONLY through NEFT/RTGS bank transfers. Hence in order to claim your Travel Allowance (TA), along with your travel documents, furnish the following information at the time of your reporting at IITG:
Particulars of Bank Account of the Candidate:1) Name of the Bank2) Branch address of Bank.3) Bank Account Number4) IFSC Code
Candidates attending the written-test/interview shall be accommodated (on payment basis) in the IITG hostels.
Details of hostels for Male and Female candidates:
Male candidates will be accommodated in Siang Hostel (shared) on payment basis. Contact Number (Siang Hostel) : 09613693452 (Mr. Syed F. Ali)
- Female candidates will be accommodated in Dhansiri Hostel, on payment basis. Contact Number (Dhansiri Hostel): 0361-2582765(Security)