Special-PhD Admissions, March 2023
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to
PhD programme under special scheme for UGC/CSIR-JRF.
Disciplines and Eligibility
- IIT Guwahati has a special scheme for UGC/CSIR-JRF candidates for admission in to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme. See the details on this website through the menu "Doctoral"-->"PhD".
- For March 2023, the seats are offered in the following Departments:
- The candidates can access the eligibility details on this website through the menu "Doctoral"-->"PhD".
- Selected candidates will be admitted under Regular Category for availing UGC/CSIR Fellowship.
- These candidates will not be considered for converting to Institute Assistantship at any point of time.
- The candidates can access the information related to reservation, formats of certificate and other relevant information from the menu "Important Info".
- Opening of Application Portal for Submission of Applications: February 09, 2023.
- Closing of Application Portal: 05:00 PM on March 02, 2023.
- Selections will be conducted on March 18, 2023.
- Please follow this section for regular updates on the dates of various activities.
Mode and Schedule of PhD Selections
- Mode of selection:
- Online: All stages of the selection process shall be completely online through video conferencing through MS Teams, G-Meet, etc., as per the convenience. For no stage of the selection the candidates need to come to the campus.
- The mode and schedule of selection process are given in the following table. The candidates have to follow updates from time to time and make necessary arrangements in that regard.
|Mode of Selection
|March 18, 2023
|March 18-19, 2023
Department-wise seats offered for March 2023 are given in the table below
- Applications for PhD programme should be submitted only online through the Application Portal
- Applications will not be accepted in any other mode.
- Before submission of applications, please go through the information provided on this admission website carefully.
- Candidates need to register only once on the Application Portal. Under the same login, candidates can submit applications to multiple disciplines. Application fee should be paid seperately for each application.
- Submission of online application is a three step process. Unless all the three steps are completed,
the application will not be treated as complete. Incomplete applications will not be considered for processing.
- Step-1: Personal information including the educational qualifications and uploading the respective documents.
- Step-2: Selection of programme (PhD or Special-PhD), selection of Discipline and opting the Areas and/or Projects.
- Step-3: Online payment of application fee.
- For submission of applications to different disciplines, the candidates have to repeat step-2 and step-3.
Application & Processing Fee
In step-3 of the online application process, each candidate needs to make payment of application (processing) fee online. Applications without successful (online) payment of application fee shall be rejected.
The details of Application & Processing Fee are as follows:
- All Female Candidates : Rs.150/-
- All Transgender Candidates : Rs.150/-
- All SC/ ST/ PwD Candidates : Rs.150/-
- All Other Candidates : Rs.300/-
- Applications of the candidates which are complete in all respects will be considered in the selection process.
- The Institute reserves the right to consider a limited number of candidates for selection process. Such shortlisting will be based on the performance in UGC/CSIR NET, grades/marks in the qualifying degree examination and/or other educational qualifications starting from Class 10.
- For PhD programme, the shortlisting and selection may be done specialization wise by the respective department/school/centre.
- The selection process involves the performace of candidates in the written test and/or interview conducted in various stages in a particular mode as decided by the respective department/school/centre.
- Applicants have to visit this website and websites of respective department/school/centres regularly for information regarding shortlisting and selection of candidates. No personalized information can be expected in this regard. IIT Guwahati will not be responsible for delayed response from the applicants.
- The results of shortlisting and selection shall be announced on the application portal. The applicants may login to the portal and check the results.
- For any queries on the shortlisting/selections, the applicants can contact the DPPC/SPPC/CPPC Secretary or the Head of the Department/School/Centre. Click here for Contact Details.
- For information and updates on selection process, please refer to the following Status Matrix from time to time.
- The selection is provisional, subject to production of all the relevant documents at the time of admission.
- The selection may be cancelled at any point if the candidature is found to be against the ordinances, rules and regulations of the Institute.
- Selected candidates whose qualifying degree results are awaited shall have to produce their original Pass Certificates and Mark Sheets as per the timelines decided by the Academic Affairs Section.
- After accepting the offered seat by paying the requisite fee, if a candidate wants to withdraw, he/she can express the same on the application portal within the stipulated time.
- If the withdrawal request is received late, only refundable portion of the fee deposited shall be returned.
- For regarular updates on various dates, including the dates of registration and start of classes, please watch this website.
- For notification regarding candidates selected for admission, admission offer letter, etc., IIT Guwahati will NOT send any hard copy letter to the candidates by post.