Applications are to be submitted online. Under the same login, you have option to apply to multiple departments. However, for each department you need to pay the application fee separately. Before applying, please carefully go through information given in each of the following links.
If you have already registered in admission portal, you can use existing credential to proceed.
Other Information/ Instructions
- Studentship Category: Candidates under this special admissions will be selected for Regular category only. They will be working on full-time basis.
- Financial Assistance: The students admitted under this scheme will receive the fellowship from the respective funding agency (CSIR/UGC) as per its governing rules and subject to satisfactory academic progress and satisfactory performance in assigned teaching assistant duty.
No request from these will be entertained for financial assistance in any form from IITG under any circumstances during the entire period of the Ph.D. programme.
- Shortlisting the Candidates for the Selection Process: The Institute reserves the right to call a limited number of candidates for written test and/or interview, if required, based on performance in CSIR/UGC NET, grades/marks in the qualifying degree examination and/or other educational qualifications starting from Class X.
- Validity of OBC-NCL Certificate: The OBC-NCL certificates uploaded/ submitted by the OBC-NCL candidates must be issued on or after April 01, 2021. Any OBC-NCL certificate issued before April 01, 2021 is treated as invalid.
- Validity of Income & Asset Certificate for EWS: To avail benefit of reservation under the Economically Weaker Section (EWS), the candidates should upload/ submit a copy of Income and Asset Certificate (of last financial year) issued on or after April 01, 2021. Any Income and Asset certificate issued before April 01, 2021 is treated as invalid.
- Candidates who are in Final Semester of Qualifying Degree: Candidates still to appear in their qualifying degree examinations may also apply, provided they appear in all their qualifying degree examinations and complete all requirements for their degrees before 23-11-2021. If selected, such candidates shall be admitted provisionally, and they will have to furnish the results of their qualifying degree examinations latest by 23-12-2021. Further, they must fulfill the minimum requirements of marks/CPI along with valid CSIR/UGC JRF certificate, etc., as mentioned under eligibility criteria.
Failure to fulfill any of these requirements, shall automatically result in cancellation of admission.
- Cautionary Note: The above information is not the complete set of Rules & Regulations for the PhD programmes of IIT Guwahati.
- Medical Insurance: Students of IIT Guwahati are covered under the Group Medical Insurance Scheme (GMIS) up to a maximum limit of rupees one lakh only. Claims under GMIS will be applicable for new students with effect from 5 January, 2022 only.
- Legal Jurisdiction: The Courts at Guwahati alone shall have the jurisdiction to settle and decide all matters and disputes related to the above referred admission process.
Joint Registrar (Academic Affairs)
Academic Affairs Section
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati