Ph.D. (IISc, Bangalore)
Research Area: Main-group chemistry, Carbon capture utilization and storage (CCUS) and Material Chemistry
Room No: 305 Group Website
2012-2017 Ph.D. Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India.
2010-2012 M.S. Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science, India.
2007-2010 B.Sc. Chemistry, University of Calcutta, India.
(Ramakrishna Mission Vidyamandira, Belur Math, Howrah.)
2023-present: Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati, India.
2021-2023: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and University of Virginia, USA. Advisor: Prof. Robert J. Gilliard
2018-2021: Alexander von Humboldt Fellow, Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, University of Göttingen, Germany. Advisor: Prof. Herbert W. Roesky
1. Awarded with “Alexander Von Humboldt research fellowship-2019” from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation’s for postdoctoral research in the Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, University of Göttingen, Germany.
2. Awarded with “IdEx Bordeaux International Post-doctoral fellowship-2018” from the university of Bordeaux, France, for postdoctoral research in Centre de Recherche Paul Pascal (Declined).
3. Selected for the 67th Nobel Laureates Meeting which was held during 25-30 June 2017, in Lindau, Germany. The aim is to bring together Nobel laureates and young scientists to foster scientific exchange between different generations and cultures.
4. Awarded with “Bhaskara Advanced Solar Energy Fellowship (BASE)” from Indian government (DST, IUSSTF) in 2015. To nurture future innovators in Solar Energy, the BASE fellowship - a dynamic and transformative program has been developed to foster contacts between students and scientists from India and the USA.
5. Awarded with “Junior Research Fellowship” in 2012 for Ph.D. in Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India.
6. Secured rank 90 (AIR) in “Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (NET-CSIR)” exam in 2012.
7. Selected for the Integrated Ph.D.-2010 program in Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bangalore.
8. Selected for the Integrated Ph.D.-2010 program in Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
9. Secured rank 26 (All India Ranking) in IIT JAM-2010 exam and selected for the MSc program in Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT), Kanpur.
10. Awarded with “Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE Fellowship)” from the Indian govt. (DST) in 2007-2010 for top ranking in 10th and 12th standards.
Luminescent Carbodicarbene Azaboraacenium Ions, USA Patent App. 63/444, 439.