Role of language in globalisation and language problems in a globalising world, linguistic sustainability to sustainable development, language identity, globalisation and linguistic human rights; Communication issues and flow of language across cultural and political boundaries: strategies of interlingualism, technologism, esperantism; Spread of English and its acculturation to local contexts of use, dynamics of English use in post-colonial India; Minority language experiences,language endangerment and its implications: loss of indigenous languages and knowledge systems; Creativity in language mixing; Language in electronic media and global pop cultures.
1. J. Maurais and M. A. Michael. (eds.) Languages in a Globalising World. CUP, 2003
2. A. Pennycook . The Cultural Politics of English as an International Language, Longman, 1994
3. D. Crystal. English as a global language CUP, 2003
4. D. Crystal. Language and the Internet CUP, 2006
5. J. Aitchison and D. Lewis. (eds.). New Media Language. Routledge, 2003.
6. H. Berger and M. Carroll (eds.) Global pop, local language. University Press ofMississippi, 2003.
7. D. Nettle and S. Romaine Vanishing Voices: The Extinction of the World�s Languages,Oxford University Press, 2000.
Academic Complex Block F Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Guwahati, Assam, 781039