Mind and consciousness: key issues from the scriptures to computers, western cognitive science: overview of historical development, key concepts and contributors, perspectives on creativity: myths and evolution, Sanskrit and western cognitive poetics, folk psychology and cultural relativity: culture-specific texts, cognitive modeling of literary texts I: schemas, scripts, frames and stereotypic knowledge representation, cognitive modeling of literary texts II: parabolic projections and conceptual integration networks, beyond cognitivism in creativity: the hard problem of the author’s mind.
1. M. Turner, The Literary Mind, Oxford University Press, 1996.
2. M. Boden, The Creative Mind: Myths and Mechanisms, Roultedge, 19910.
1. D. Reisberg, Cognition: Exploring the Science of Mind, Norton, 2001.
2. R. L.Solso and D. W. Massaro (Eds), The Science of Mind: 2001 and Beyond, Oxford University Press, 1995.
3. R. A Wilson and Frank C. Keil (Eds), The MIT Encyclopaedia of the Cognitive Sciences, MIT Press, 1999.
Academic Complex Block F Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Guwahati, Assam, 781039