Molecular interaction of host-pathogen-vector of infectious diseases
1. Host-pathogen interaction of infectious diseases.
2. Gene expression analysis of spirochetes: Leptospira interrrogans and Borrelia burgdorferi.
3. Development of diagnostics and vaccine against OMP's of Leptospira interrogans and Borrelia
4. Vector-borne diseases of animals and humans of zoonotic importance.
1. Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H) (1999-2004): Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology (GBPUA&T), Pantnagar, College of Veterinary Sciences, Uttarakhand, India.
2. Masters of Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc) (2004- 2006): Major in Veterinary Public Health (VPH) and minor in Veterinary Immunology, Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI), Izatnagar, Bareilly, UP, India.
3. Ph.D. (2006-2010): In Veterinary Medical Sciences (VMSC), University of Maryland (UMD), College Park, USA.
1. Junior Research Fellow (Aug 2004- July 2006): Division of Veterinary Public Health (VPH), Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI), Izatnagar, Bareilly, UP, India
2. Research Assistant (Aug 2006- Dec 2010): Veterinary Medical Sciences, University of Maryland, College Park, USA.
3. Postdoctoral fellow/ Research Associate (Jan 2011- May 2012): Division of Rheumatology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA.
4. Assistant Professor (June 2012- Jan 2017): Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering, IIT Guwahati.
5. Associate Professor ( Jan 2017- Sept 2021): Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering, IIT Guwahati.
6. Professor (Sept 2021- present): Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering, IIT Guwahati.
1. Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering BT 208 (JAN-MAY 2013)
2. Microbial Biotechnology BT 608 (JAN-MAY 2014, JULY-NOV 2018)
3. Immunology BT 303/304 (JULY-NOV 2014, 2015, 2016, 2020, 2021, and 2022);
4. Modern Biology BT 101 (JAN-MAY 2015, 2016 & 2017)
5. Molecular Biotechnology Laboratory BT 380 (JULY-NOV 2017)
6. Microbiology BT 202/206 (JAN-MAY 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023)
7. Human Biology and Diseases BT 633/403 (JULY-NOV 2018; 2019; JAN-MAY 2021 and 2022)
8. Molecular Biotechnology (MINOR) BT 202M ((JAN-MAY 2019)
9. Applied Biology and Bioengineering Laboratory BT 520 (Jan-May 2020)
10. Seminar Course BT 300 (Jan-May 2020).
1. Hussain MS, Anand V, Kumar M "Functional PAM sequence for DNA interference by CRISPR-Cas I-B system of Leptospira interrogans and the role of LinCas11b encoded within lincas8b", International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. DOI.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2023.124086, Vol.237, 124086, P.P 1-14 , (2023)
2. Anand V; Harshini SP; Prakash A; Hussain MS; Kumar M "Differential processing of CRISPR RNA by LinCas5c and LinCas6 of Leptospira", BBA - General Subjects. DOI.(Accepted), Vol., , P.P - , (2023)
3. Anand V, Harshini SP, Gogoi P, Kanaujia SP and Kumar M "Structural and functional characterization of Cas2 of CRISPR-Cas subtype I-C lacking the CRISPR component", Frontiers in Molecular Biosciences. DOI.10.3389/fmolb.2022.988569 , Vol.988569, 9, P.P -15 , (2022)
4. Hussain MS, Kumar M "Assembly of Cas7 subunits of Leptospira on the mature crRNA of CRISPR-Cas I-B is modulated by divalent ions", Gene. DOI.10.1016/j.gene.2022.146244, Vol., , P.P - , (2022)
5. Hota S, Hussain MS, Kumar M "ErpY-like lipoprotein of Leptospira outsmart host complement regulation by acquiring complement regulators, activating alternative pathways, and intervening in the membrane attack complex", ACS Infectious Diseases. DOI.10.1021/acsinfecdis.1c00602 , Vol.8, 5, P.P 982-997 , (2022)
1. Manish Kumar, Md Saddam Hussain, Aman Prakash, Vineet Anand "LinCas11, a small subunit of interference complex in Leptospira interrogans CRISPR-Cas I-B locus, is a pre-requisite for the targeted annihilation of DNA in a surrogate host", 12th International Leptospirosis Society Conference 2022, Nov 13-16, Bangkok, Thailand . Vol., , P.P - , (2022)
2. Saswat Hota & Manish Kumar "ErpY-like protein: A surface-exposed leptospiral protein assists in complement evasion and plasma coagulation inhibition", International Symposium on “Zoonotic and Transboundary Diseases: Breaking the Chain through Multidisciplinary Approach, 1-2 December 2022, ICAR Research complex, Umiam, Meghalaya. Vol., , P.P 158- , (2022)
3. Md. Saddam Hussain and Manish Kumar "Molecular and functional insight of CRISPR-Cas type I-B interference complex in pathogenic Leptospira interrogans", International Symposium on “Zoonotic and Transboundary Diseases: Breaking the Chain through Multidisciplinary Approach and IAVPHS, 1-2 December 2022, ICAR Research complex, Umiam, Meghalaya . Vol., , P.P 168- , (2022)
4. Surbhi Kumari and Manish Kumar "Functional insight into leptospiral caseinolytic protease and their association with ATPase chaperones", International Symposium on “Zoonotic and Transboundary Diseases: Breaking the Chain through Multidisciplinary Approach and IAVPHS, 1-2 December 2022, ICAR Research complex, Umiam, Meghalaya. Vol., , P.P 169- , (2022)
5. Manish Kumar "Implementation of CRISPR-Cas system of spirochetes as an endogenous genome editing tool", National Bioengineering conference, NIT Rourkela, 6-7 Jan 2022. Vol., , P.P - , (2022)
will be updated soon....