Calcium signaling, Genetics, DNA repair
Web page: http://shilloi.iitg.ernet.in/~ranjantamuli/
We are interested to understand the molecular mechanism of calcium signaling pathway using the model filamentous fungus Neurospora crassa. Calcium ion is a universal second messenger molecule that impacts almost all cell processes in eukaryotes. We hope to extend our research to understand the role of calcium signaling in memory, learning, and other related areas in future.
Ph.D. (2003-2007) Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad.
M.Sc. 2002 Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Tezpur University, First Class with Distinction.
B.Sc. 2000 Zoology Major, Dhemaji College, Dibrugarh University, First Class.
H.S. 1997 Science, Dhemaji College, ASHEC, First Division.
H.S.L.C 1995 Dhemaji Higher Secondary School, SEBA, First Division.
School 1988 Nagakhelia L. P. School.
Professor June 2018 - Present: Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati.
Associate Professor January 2014 - June 2018: , Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati.
Assistant Professor December 2008 - January 2014: Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati.
Research Scholar: March 2008 to December 2008, Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, Florida International University, Miami, USA.
Research Scholar: November 2007 to March 2008, Department of Biochemistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA.
Ph. D. Course:
BT623: Research Methodology
M. Tech. (PG) Courses:
BT502: Quantitative Biology.
BT503: Advanced Genetic Engineering
BT520: Applied Biology and Bio-engineering Lab
BT600: M. Tech. Seminar
B.Tech (UG) Courses:
BT101: Modern Biology
BT208: Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering
BT307: Environmental Biotechnology.
1. Roy A, Tamuli R. "Regulation of Hsp80 involved in the acquisition of induced thermotolerance, and NCA-2 involved in calcium stress tolerance by the calcineurin-CRZ-1 signaling pathway in Neurospora crassa", Mycological Progress . DOI.https://doi.org/10.1007/s11557-022-01833-w, Vol.21, 84, P.P - , (2022)
2. Roy A, Tamuli R. "Heat shock proteins and the calcineurin?crz1 signaling regulate stress responses in fungi", Archives of Microbiology. DOI. doi: 10.1007/s00203-022-02833-w, Vol.204, 5, P.P - , (2022)
3. Gupta S, Kumar A, Tamuli R. "CRZ1 transcription factor is involved in cell survival, stress tolerance, and virulence in fungi.", Journal of Biosciences . DOI.DOI: 10.1007/s12038-022-00294-3 , Vol.47, 66, P.P - , (2022)
4. Kumar A, Roy A, Deshmukh MV, Tamuli R. "Dominant mutants of the calcineurin catalytic subunit (CNA-1) showed developmental defects, increased sensitivity to stress conditions, and CNA-1 interacts with CaM and CRZ-1 in Neurospora crassa.", Archives of microbiology. DOI.https://doi.org/10.1007/s00203-019-01768-z, Vol.202, 4, P.P 921-934 , (2020)
5. Roy A, Kumar A, Baruah D, Tamuli R. "Calcium signaling is involved in diverse cellular processes in fungi.", Mycology. DOI.doi: 10.1080/21501203.2020.1785962, Vol.12, 1, P.P 10-24 , (2020)
No Data Available!
Patent (Indian) filed: Anand Tiwari and Ranjan Tamuli: A Chemical Composition For Extracting Genomic DNA And Method Thereof, Ref No: 201631035509, 17-10-2016.