Orthopaedic biomechanics, implant design and optimization, surgical simulations and soft computing
Assistant Professor (May 2017 onwards till date)
Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering (BSBE)
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Jul 2016 - May 2017)
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
Assistant Professor (Oct 2015 - Jun 2016)
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Techno India University, Kolkata, India
INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE: (~5 YEARS)
Worked for two reputed private sectors (TCS and Wipro) from Nov 2006 till Jan 2012, as Systems Engineer – Engineering & Industrial Services. During this time span, I have been primarily involved in two major projects:
Client Name: Boeing
Client Name: General Electric (GE)
BT 641: Fundamentals of Human Body Mechanics
BT 208: Transport Phenomenon in Bioprocesses.
1. Ghosh, R., Chanda, S., Chakraborty, D. "The Influence of Macro-textural Designs over Implant Surface on Bone On-growth: A Computational Mechanobiology Based Study", Computers in Biology and Medicine, Elsevier. DOI., Vol.124 (September 2020), 103937, , P.P - , (2020)
2. Chanda, S., Mukherjee, K., Gupta, S., Pratihar, D.K. "A Rule Based Computational Framework to Predict Evolutionary Interface Owing to Osseointegration and Remodelling Around Hip Stems", Proc. IMechE Part H: Journal of Engineering in Medicine. DOI., Vol.234(1):118-128, , P.P - , (2019)
3. Chanda, S., Gupta, S., Pratihar, D.K. "A Combined Neural Network and Genetic Algorithm based Approach for Optimized Femoral Implant having Improved Primary Stability", Applied Soft Computing, Elsevier. DOI., Vol.38(2016):296–307, , P.P - , (2016)
4. Chanda, S., Gupta, S., Pratihar, D.K. "Effects of Interfacial Conditions on Shape Optimization of Cementless Hip Stem: an Investigation Based on a Hybrid Framework", Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, Springer. DOI., Vol.53(5), 1143–1155, , P.P - , (2016)
5. Chanda, S., Gupta, S., Pratihar, D.K. "A Genetic Algorithm based Multiobjective Shape Optimization Scheme for Cementless Femoral Implant", Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, trans. ASME. DOI., Vol.137(3):034502(1–12), , P.P - , (2015)
No Data Available!
will be updated soon....