Head of the Centre
Suresh A. Kartha
Department of Civil Engineering
+91 361 258 2422hocswr @ iitg.ac.in
Centre for Sustainable Water Research
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Kamrup - 781039,
+91 361 258 2450
susanta.sarma @ iitg.ac.in
Website : https://www.iitg.ac.in/cswr/
About Centre for Sustainable Water Research
The North-East of India is rich in water resources. Amid the plentiful availability of water, there are some states that are having scarcity of water. The Centre for Sustainable Water Research aims in bringing scientific tools to cater the sustainable use of water in the region as well as for the whole country. Modern research methodologies and techniques will be adopted by the Centre for PhD and online M.Tech programs. The courses offered by the Centre can cater the training needs of field engineers in the water sector.
Though the Centre is located in North-East of India, the state-of-art research techniques and courses will be useful nationally and internationally. International collaborations with various water related universities are also aimed and also forging strong research and teaching relations with the South East Asian countries. The centre will also work on various water and glacial related sponsored research projects and consultancy projects.
The centre will act as the nodal section from IIT Guwahati to host activities related to:
· Brahmaputra River
· Australia India Water Centre
· Jal Jeevan Mission Chair Professor
“To envision a holistic and transdisciplinary academic Centre that encourages traditional, novel and transdisciplinary research and development in sustainable water research.”
- To strengthen core research culture in science and technology, education and water policies.
- To resolve key issues associated with sustainable water for whole country and particularly in North-East states.
- To develop a generic model for the integration of water quantity, quality, economics, and policies.
- To enhance interaction among academia, R&D labs, Industries and NGOs.
- To augment the multi-disciplinary research and pedagogy in all subjects of sustainable water.
- To foster joint academic research exchange and training programme on sustainable water quality and quantity.