Please watch this page for regular updates
All new students have to report physically by 2 January 2023.
Roll number and Hostel allotment will be displayed in individual account on the application protal: https://www.iitg.ac.in/admission.)
Institute Email-ID has been cretaed and activation link was sent to individual personal email-ids.
The 1st Semester PhD Students (December 2022) must upload the documents (high resolution scanned coloured pdf file) as given below on the Admission Portal before reporting at IIT Guwahati.
The admission is provisional and is subject to verification of all required documents in original for satisfying the eligibility criteria.
For document verification, you must produce all Certificates, Mark Sheets, & Other Documents listed below in Original to the registration officials on 2 January 2023 and must submit a self-attested photocopy set.
- All Certificates (Pass/ Degree Certificates, Mark Sheets/ Grade Cards, etc.) starting from 10th Class onward – Upto Qualifying Degree/ Exam
- Documents for Qualified in GATE/ CEED/ JRF / NET/ INSPIRE/ etc. – as applicable
- Birth Certificate (for proof of Date of Birth)
- For EWS candidates, Income & Asset Certificate in prescribed format issued on or after 01.04.2022 – if applicable
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer Certificate) in prescribed format issued on or after 01.04.2022 – if applicable
- SC/ ST Caste Certificate in prescribed format – if applicable
- PwD Certificate in prescribed format – if applicable
- Medical Certificate (as per format available at http://www.iitg.ac.in/acad/freshers/medreport.pdf)
- Code of Conduct Pledge, Anti-Ragging Undertaking, Undertaking by Hostel Residents, where required
- Sponsorship Letter/ No Objection Certificate from the Employer/ Work Experience Certificate, etc. and Letter of Granting Leave & Releasing for joining PhD programme from the Employer – if applicable
- Online Payment Receipt of Admission Fee
- Your Passport Photograph in Colour (Background in White)
- If available, Aadhaar Card