Please watch this page for regular updates
All new students have to report physically by 9 AM on 26 July 2022 for Registration and other activities.
Hostel allotment for those new students who accepted seats by 22 July 2022 is announced.
Second round of hostel allotment done on 26/07/2022 for new students is announced.
Important Information from Students' Affairs
It is mandatory to all new students to complete the all formalities of registration.
If anyone fails to do registration, then the admission shall be automatically cancelled.
For details on courses and class time-table, etc.,
please contact the Member Secretary of Department/School/Centre Postgraduate Programme Committee (DPPC/SPPC/CPPC) or the Head of the Department/Centre
of your Department/Centre.
Your admission will be regularized after verification all required original documents and subject to satisfying all eligibility conditions stated in the advertisement for admission.
For document verification, you must produce all Certificates, Mark Sheets, & Other Documents listed below in Original as well as a self attested photocopy.
- All Certificates (Pass/ Degree Certificates, Mark Sheets/ Grade Cards, etc.) starting from 10th Class onward – Upto Qualifying Degree/ Exam
- Documents for Qualified in GATE/ CEED/ NET/ CAT etc. – if applicable
- Birth Certificate (for proof of Date of Birth)
- For EWS candidates, Income & Asset Certificate in prescribed format issued on or after 01.04.2021 – if applicable
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer Certificate) in prescribed format issued on or after 01.04.2021 – if applicable
- SC/ ST Caste Certificate in prescribed format – if applicable
- PwD Certificate in prescribed format – if applicable
- Medical Certificate (as per format available at http://www.iitg.ac.in/acad/freshers/medreport.pdf)
- Code of Conduct Pledge, Anti-Ragging Undertaking, Undertaking by Hostel Residents (to be updated)
- Sponsorship Letter/ No Objection Certificate from the Employer/ Work Experience Certificate, etc. and Letter of Granting Leave & Releasing for joining PhD programme from the Employer – if applicable
- Online Payment Receipt of Admission Fee
- Your Photograph in Colour (Background in White Colour)
- If available, Aadhaar Card
If your qualifying degree results are awaited, you shall have to produce original Degree Certificates and Mark Sheets (for each semester/ year, as may be applicable) of your qualifying degree latest by
31.08.2022, failure to which your admission shall be cancelled.
The document verification of students will start in due course.
Further, you must satisfy all eligibility conditions stated in the advertisement for admission.
Disbursement of Institute Assistantship / External Fellowship for the eligible students (with arrears where applicable) will start ONLY after verification of documents and regularization of the studentship.