Tie Breaking Rules
While assigning the ranks for selection based on GATE score, or composite scores, or the marks in the written test, if there is a tie between two or more candidates, the following rules in that order will be followed for breaking the tie:
- The candidate having higher percentage of aggregate marks in Class 12 or equivalent will be ranked higher.
- If that does not break the tie, then the candidate having higher percentage of aggregate marks in Class 10 will be ranked higher.
- If that does not break the tie, then based on Date of Birth, the candidate senior/older in age will be ranked higher.
- If there is a tie even after this, such candidates will be assigned the same rank.
- The Common Offer Acceptance Portal or COAP was initiated in 2017 to provide a common platform for GATE qualified candidates seeking admission to make the most preferred choice for admission into an MTech Programme in the participating Institutes of COAP.
- Along with all IITs and IISc, IIT Guwahati is also a participating Institute of COAP.
- COAP is not an Application Portal for M.Tech. Admission in any participating institutes.
- Candidates selected for MTech admission at participating Institute, shall be offered through COAP. The candidates have to make the decision on COAP portal.
- MTech programmes of IIT Guwahati which are offered through COAP are indicated. The candidates who are submitting applications for those programmes should also register on the COAP portal.
- For more details, please visit the COAP portal: Click Here
- Candidates who are in Final Semester of Qualifying Degree: Candidates still to appear in their qualifying degree examinations may also apply, provided they appear in all their qualifying degree examinations and complete all requirements for their degrees before 15-11-2022. If selected, such candidates shall be admitted provisionally, and they will have to furnish the results of their qualifying degree examinations latest by 31-01-2023. Further, they must fulfil the minimum requirements of marks/CPI, and other conditions like valid GATE/ NET/ CEED score (as may be applicable) etc., as mentioned under eligibility requirements for respective programmes. Failure to fulfil any of these requirements shall automatically result in cancellation of admission.
- Cautionary Note: The information given in the Admission Website is not the complete set of Rules & Regulations for the programmes of IIT Guwahati. One may have to visit the Academic Section website and also the respective Department/School/Centre website to get complete understanding of the programme intended to apply.
- Legal Jurisdiction: The Courts at Guwahati alone shall have the jurisdiction to settle and decide all matters and disputes related to the admission process of IIT Guwahati.